What is Concierge Therapy?
- Concierge Therapy Services allows you to access and speak to Dr. Arthur Chen, Psy.D within a few hours of requesting to speak to him. Generally, with a “once-a-week” session model, it can take up to 7 days to see your therapist. Given the time delay, many different issues can arise which may take away from the overall effectiveness of the following session.
- First, details of what you were thinking, what you said/the other person said, and other important aspects may be forgotten.
- Second, in those seven days, the situation can further deteriorate, and other opportunities for improvement may be missed.
- Third, the overall progress of therapy may be slowed down by only visiting your therapist once a week and not when a situation arises.
- Concierge therapy allows you to be able to access your therapist within 2 to 10 hours of requesting contact 7 days a week. This includes weekends and major holidays. Sessions can be done in person, in-home, text messaging, and/or online via secure video conferencing.
- The other benefits of concierge therapy are in the event of traveling or relocating. In the event of a known upcoming trip for an extended period outside the state of Florida, Dr. Arthur will apply* for a license to practice in whatever respective state the client is traveling too.
- * Dr. Arthur will apply for licensure in the state the client is traveling to; however, he cannot guarantee the license will be granted. It is often up to the state board to grant licenses to practice. Fees may apply.
What is the cost of Concierge Therapy?
- The cost of sessions and any clinical services is the normal hourly rate prorated in 15-minute intervals. A credit card must be left on file for concierge’s therapy services. A monthly paid invoice can be provided upon request. However, insurances may or may not cover such services.
- In-home or In-office rates may be different.
Are there any drawbacks/concerns about Concierge Therapy?
- Whenever relying on technology, such as cell phone and video conferencing, there can be technology issues.
- With the use of electronic communication, the security of the session is not as great as in person. Dr. Arthur works to minimize such technology issues; however, those issues cannot be eliminated. Also, you will want to ensure that wherever the video/phone session is occurring on your end is of a private and confidential nature. (i.e. not a public place)
- While concierge therapy does provide a more rapid response between a situation occurring and getting help, the downside is less opportunity to develop distress tolerance. As with everything in the realm of psychological functioning, balance is key. While reaching out for services is helpful and can improve the progress of treatment, it must also be balanced with internal resiliency.
- For questions about concierge services please speak to Dr. Arthur how to best concierge therapy.